Friday, April 1, 2011

I love this guy!

I really don't want to do a mushy post so I'll try to keep it simple. But I really do think my husband is the sweetest.
So a couple of weeks ago Saturday Clint was in Houston and it had been 4 weeks since I had seen him, and I wasn't supposed to see him for two more weeks. I talked to him Sunday morning and he told me he was back at our friends house, in Oklahoma hanging out. I was staying at my parents that weekend but he needed me to come home from my parents by that afternoon to help our friend pick up some calves, so I rushed home to get there in time. I helped our friend and went back in the house and about a half hour later I was getting a drink in the kitchen and someone walked in the door. So I went around the corner to see who it was and there was Clint!!! Surprise!
I couldn't figure out what was going on, and I really couldn't stop crying to get my questions out, but apparently that was his plan the entire time we knew I was going to have to go home. He drove 24 straight hours from Houston so he could surprise me. I was so excited but partly mad because I had been stressing out so bad. For me there was no end in sight til I saw him again. No wonder the whole time he kept telling me it was going to be fine. He knew it wouldn't  be that much longer until he saw me.  I always say he is so NOT romantic, and most the time he really isn't, but he does come up with these awesome surprises like that. So I guess I have to give him some credit!
 I Seriously love that guy! Don't know what I would do without him!

2 comments:

Jake and Haylee Ashworth said...

I'm just sitting here with your husband at dinner while I read this and it kind of brought a tear to my eye. As I watch him with macklee I can totally see his sensitive side. You are a lucky girl. He will be the best daddy along with being a sweet husband. ;)

Poulsen Family said...

Those are the best surprises! Less than 10 days. Can't wait to see that baby!